Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Bang Cafe and Restaurant at its newest location (Taytay, Rizal)



Remember The Bang Cafe (TBC)? Have you read about it on my old blog post? If you haven't, check out my review of its old location - http://asecretfanfare.blogspot.com/2015/04/the-bang-cafe-newest-coffeshop.html

Last year, The Bang Cafe moved to its new location at the corner of J. Asilo and Malaya streets, not too far from their old place (which is near to Taytay's old municipal hall and the antique church).

Actually, this wasn't my first time at the new TBC. Last year also, my sister and I went there for their S'mores and Cookie Monster "crazy milkshakes," but the quality of my photos wasn't so good that I never bothered to post them here on my blog.

But this time around, I went there alone to have a breakfast for the first time.
It was my plan to go there early, but instead I arrived there past 10 am. So instead of choosing a breakfast meal, I went for the main meal as a brunch.



I like their new location better, as it is surrounded by houses. Residents there must feel quite fortunate as they don't have to go too far to have a quick brekkie or lunch before going to school or to work, or to have a snack or dinner with their neighbors or barkada.




As for the interiors, the old TBC was definitely bigger (and they used to have a Japanese-style dining area with sliding doors), but I thought I liked the design of the new one better. Even the ceiling was adorned with pictures, so the new TBC presented a lot more character and interest everywhere you look.

On the main wall were the TBC logo and the terms and expressions that (in my opinion) were coined by the locals here in Taytay such as "BANG-sarap" (I think the cafe's name was inspired by this one), "hamaka," "ha-o," etc. It was just like in their old place where these expressions were also painted on the walls.

You can also see the names of the dishes painted on that same wall. These dishes are either originally created in Taytay or its adaptation of the other regional dishes such as "lauya" (they actually serve this), "martiniko" (a kind of fish that is usually salted or pickled), "dila-dila" (a rice cake similar to my favorite palitaw), "bererengket," (a dish consisting of a younger ayungin, a type of fish endemic to the country), and of course the "adobong Taytay," which I was exactly going to order that time.

I have long been intrigued by the Adobong Taytay ever since I first visited their old location. I love adobo a lot. Plus, I also like TBC for featuring dishes that are invented here in Taytay. Okay, they didn't actually invent adobo, but at least they put a spin to it to make it as their own. Might try TBC's other local Taytay dishes like binabayasan next time. I hope that they should introduce more of Taytay cuisine to their menu.



Adobong Taytay meal (₱110) - the rice was also flavored with the sauce from the dish. Tasting it, Taytay's take on the the adobo was a bit similar to the hamonado, being more on the sweeter side. While my type of adobo is the classic one (soy sauce salty, vinegar-y peppery and garlicky -- like what my Nanay makes), the Adobong Taytay was just OK, although the pork was somewhat hard to the bite. The servings were quite right for the price -- the pieces of the pork adobo chunks were a bit more than I expected.

For the conventional adobo lovers, you might find Adobong Taytay a little too sweet to your liking, or might otherwise find it just OK (but still you would say "nothing beats the classic adobo.") But if you're the type of diner who loves sweet-ish viands (like tocino, longganisa or hamonado), you will appreciate the Adobong Taytay.




Sans Rival (₱125 per slice) - Nothing rivals sans rival (I think I have just committed a redundancy here, because sans rival literally means "without rival" in French). Buttery and nutty -- a bit too crumbly though, but that was OK! However, I was already full so I had it for a takeout.



Peppermint Latte (₱80) - Affordable latte, but the taste and the looks certainly didn't come cheap. I loved the latte art. I was expecting a bit more potent level of peppermint. Instead, the latte had just a hint of the peppermint, but later on I was surprised to find the minty aftertaste lingering in my mouth. The coffee itself was good too -- I only added sugar that was also served with the coffee.

An hour later, more and more customers came to the place to have lunch. I thought that since it was a holiday yesterday (Ninoy Aquino Day), people would like to spend it with foodtrips with friends and family.

There are some issues, however. First, they had no OR -- after I asked the servers for the billing they only gave me a piece of paper (the 1/4 pad paper type students use) with the list of the things I ordered and had to pay. I hope that they only ran out of receipts on that day or something. Another, service was a bit slow considering there were only two customers at the time -- me and the lady next to my table. In fact, she had just finished eating. However, they made that up for their attentiveness, good food and coffee -- especially my sans rival and peppermint latte.

But those issues were just small things. Otherwise, I had a good breakfast/brunch there at The Bang Cafe. Will try to order their real breakfast items next time. I also loved the new location and the ambiance of this restaurant that I would come back there quite soon. I'm not usually a morning person and rarely eat a proper breakfast, but next time I would go there even earlier in the morning to get myself more into that "breakfast-y" mood.

The Bang Cafe's mission to help the underprivileged, out-of-school youths is still alive and well. Proceeds of their profits will go to their various outreach programs -- something that I admire most about this cafe. As a customer, not only you are enjoying their food, but you are also lending a hand to this cafe's noble cause as well.

The Bang Cafe is open from 7 AM to 10 AM. If you plan to go for a breakfast there, try their all-day breakfast meals that range from different silog meals to fried daing na bangus (I ordered that on my first visit to their old store) and pancakes. All for only ₱79! It also serves sandwiches, starters, mains, hot coffee, frappes and milkshakes. You can check out the entire menu on their Facebook page or their Zomato listing (which is still unclaimed by the owners at present).

Check out The Bang Cafe at its newest location:
Corner J. Asilo and Malaya streets
Barangay San Isidro
Taytay, Rizal

Check out their official Facebook and Instagram accounts.





The Bang Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Post a Comment

0 Comments