Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

July UFO Finished!

At the beginning of the month, my UFO was a bag of 9 patch blocks from Julie's block swap last year. I was determined that I would have a finished quilt by the end of the month....and I did it! 
Once I got the sashings, cornerstones and blocks sewn together, and the borders on, I made up the binding. It just made the finish seem more doable!
How many bobbins do you wind when preparing for machine quilting? I wound 3 but needed 4 for this quilt. (Did you see Jamie's orange quilt that used 22 bobbins...wow!) 
During pin basting, the quilt and I discussed many ideas for machine quilting. The quilt convinced me not to do any stitch in the ditch or free motion quilting this time. I did all straight line quilting through the diagonal of the 9 patches and then straight through the middle of the sashings...fun! I used my machinger gloves and they were helpful for moving the quilt through the machine.
It was hard to get a photo of the finished quilt today...it was windy with poor light outside by the time I finished the binding. But it's a finished quilt...woohoo!

Post a Comment

0 Comments