Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Cookies for Coaches {Free Printable}

Alternate Title: CD Cookie Sleeve Gift

Kate had her last week of "swim team"
It was at our neighborhood swimming pool and it was the pre-swim team program for kids ages 3 to 5. They had 30 minute "practice" 3 times a week (where they learned to swim).
Each kid had 1 on 1 swimming instruction from high school & college aged kids.
It was basically swimming lessons, but they called it "swim team"
It was a great experience and Kate's swimming has improved SO much this summer.
She can actually swim!
I can't wait for both girls to do it next summer!
I was so appreciative of the coaches and I wanted to give them a little something as a thank you. These high school kids (coaches) are members of the actual swim team & they volunteer to coach the little swim team.
There were 12 coaches that helped with the pre-swim team, so I knew I needed to do something that wasn't too costly. Originally, I wanted to get them all either $5 Jamba Juice cards or a $5 iTunes card, but with 12 coaches, that was going to add up quickly.

Since Kate & I both love to bake (and high school kids love to eat) I decided to make them chocolate chip cookies and put them individually in a CD sleeve with a thank you sticker that I designed.

Here is what I used - CD sleeves, 2 inch scallop punch & then I printed out the design that I made (in Photoshop) onto sticker paper.
(I had all these supplies already. Perfect for Procrastinators like me!)
\\Close up of the design. Blue & Red are the swim team colors.
Punched out with the 2 inch scallop:
Then, I stuck the stickers to the front of the CD sleeve:
I made my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe.
But, I made the cookies bigger and baked them in my muffin top pans because I wanted big cookies!
Once the cookies were cooled, I one in a CD sleeve to see how it looked.
Almost immediately, I noticed the (butter) grease from the cookies was leaking trough the sleeves.
My solution?
I put each cookie in a clear sandwich bag and then put it in the CD sleeve.
Worked like a charm!
We loaded up our cookies into a basket & then headed off to swim team.
{Originally, I was going to wrap each CD sleeve with baker's twine to make them look cuter & more finished looking, but then I realized that these are high school kids (mostly boy coaches) and they could CARE LESS what the packaging looked like. All they care about it the cookie. So, I stopped myself from wrapping them up, even though the OCD in me was dying.}
These were the perfect little appreciation gift and I will definitely be making them again for a teacher gift, coaches gift, dance teacher gift, or even a shower/party favor.

So, if you need a last minute quick & easy gift, these are perfect!

The coaches loved them & Kate was so excited to give them out to her awesome swim coaches.

I am planning on making these during Christmas and handing them out to neighbors, Sunday School teachers, our mail man & their gymnastics coaches!

******UPDATED with FREE PRINTABLE!!************
I made 3 versions for you.
One for swim coaches:
{Click to download. Right click & then Save.}


One for Teachers:
{Click to download. Right click & then Save.}

One that is blank & just says "Thank You"

{Click to download. Right click & then Save.}

I printed them on sticker paper & then punched out the labels with a 2.5 inch scalloped punch.
{You could also print on normal paper & attach to the CD sleeve with double stick tape or washi tape}

Post a Comment

0 Comments