Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Flower Garden Cake

 

Is there any better way to celebrate the beginning to summer than a simple floral cake? 


It was awhile back, but you may recognize that color palate from the same crazy baking weekend as the Softball/Basketball Combo Cake and the Bunny Cupcakes.


So here’s how that worked.  First I had the Softball/Basketball cake, which was requested to be half chocolate, half vanilla.  Originally, I contemplated adjusting half a vanilla cake to make the chocolate cake, but that’s never quite the same.


Then a totally different snafu occurred and a cupcake order got rescheduled to the same weekend.  It was perfect!  The cupcake order was a small order (just 12), so I was able to use the other half of the vanilla cake for those.


Then I was just left with a half recipe of chocolate cake.  This did not make my family sad.  Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting is our absolute favorite, so I decided to keep it for home.

Read more »

Post a Comment

0 Comments