Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Our 2014 Backyard Garden {One Month}

I thought I do an update on our Garden! 
I can't believe how much it has grown so much in a little over a month.
Click {HERE} to see what it looked like when we first planted.
And, now here it is:
Here is Box #1:
 My favorite part of this box is all my lettuce:
 So fun to go out to my garden before dinner time and pick some lettuce for our dinner salad!
Box #2:
 This box is 4 varieties of cherry tomatoes, a yellow squash plant & zucchini plant.
 I was shocked last week when I went out to water my garden. I couldn't believe that my zucchini and squash were growing & ready to pick!
And, some cherry tomatoes growing!
Box #3 is 5 Early Girl Tomato Plants
 Excited to see some green tomaotes growing!
 They probably won't turn red for another month or so. Can't wait!
 Here is my first harvest from the 2014 Garden at 1 month:
 I have tons of Zucchini recipes, but I don't have any yellow squash recipes, so last night I just cut some up, tossed them with olive oil, salt, pepper & Italian seasoning and roasted them at 425 for about 20 minutes.
 Then, I tossed them with some angel hair pasta, basil from my garden, and cut up some cherry tomatoes and tossed that with more olive oil.
It was a perfect & light Summertime Dinner last night (paired with a glass of Chardonnay, of course!)

 Other recipes I make with zucchini are:

  and my favorite (and what I am making for dinner tomorrow night) 
Does anyone have any yellow squash recipes? 
I have about 4 more in my garden that I need to pick and want to make something with them! 
I would love your ideas!

This is one of my favorite parts of Summer....planning & making meals around fresh fruits & veggies!

Post a Comment

0 Comments